This is a guide for those who want to know how to program GE universal remote without codes. In this guide, we will let you know how to use a GE CL3, 8, CL4, and CL5 universal remote without codes. This guide will also educate you about how to reset a GE universal remote so this is the best guide for you. So without any further ado, let’s start the guide.
How To Program GE Universal Remote Without Codes?
Let’s start our guide for how to program a General Electronics universal remote without codes.
- Prepare the Remote: Make sure your GE Universal Remote has functional batteries. If the batteries are low, replace them before proceeding.
- Power On the Device: Turn on the device you want to program with the remote. For example, if you want to control your television, turn on the TV.
- Setup Mode: Press and hold the “Setup” button on the GE Universal Remote. Keep holding the button until the indicator light on the remote stays lit. The “Setup” button is usually located at the top of the remote, near the component buttons (TV, DVD, etc.).
- Enter Auto-Search Mode: Once the indicator light is lit, release the “Setup” button, and then press the button corresponding to the device you want to program. For instance, if you want to program a TV, press the “TV” button.
- Automatic Code Search: Press and release the “Power” button on the remote repeatedly. Each time you press the “Power” button, the remote will send a power signal to the device. Keep pressing the “Power” button until the device turns off. Note that this process may take a while, as the remote is scanning through various codes.
- Lock the Code: Once the device turns off, press the “Enter” or “OK” button on the remote to lock the code. The indicator light on the remote will blink twice to confirm that the code has been saved.
GE Universal Remote 33709 Codes List
Here is the list of all the GE universal remote codes that are 100% working in 2023. You can check these codes for the 33709 code list, CL3, CL4, CL5, and GE 8 devices.
How to Reset a GE Universal Remote?
To reset a GE Universal Remote, follow these steps:
- Remove the Batteries: Take out the batteries from the back of the GE Universal Remote. This step ensures that the remote is completely powered off.
- Press and Hold the Setup Button: Locate the “Setup” button on the remote. It is usually located at the top of the remote, near the component buttons (TV, DVD, etc.). Press and hold the “Setup” button.
- Reinsert the Batteries: While still holding the “Setup” button, reinsert the batteries into the remote. Make sure the batteries are inserted correctly, matching the polarity markings.
- Release the Setup Button: Once the batteries are inserted, release the “Setup” button. The indicator light on the remote may flash briefly.
- Reset Complete: The GE Universal Remote has been reset to its default settings. You can now reprogram it to control your devices using the appropriate codes or follow the programming instructions specific to your device.
It’s worth noting that resetting the remote will clear any previously programmed codes, so you’ll need to reprogram it to work with your devices again.
GE Universal Remote Auto Program
To auto-program a GE universal remote, follow these steps:
- Make sure the device you want to control with the remote is turned on and within range.
- Press and hold the “Code Search” or “Setup” button on the remote until the indicator light turns on.
- Press the button for the type of device you want to program (e.g., TV, DVD player, etc.). The indicator light will blink once and then remain steady.
- Press the “Power” button on the remote. The indicator light will blink once and then remain steady.
- Point the remote at the device and press the “Channel Up” button repeatedly. Keep pressing until the device turns off. Each time you press the “Channel Up” button, the remote sends out a different code to try and turn off the device.
- Once the device turns off, press the “Mute” button on the remote to save the code. The indicator light should blink twice to confirm.
- Test the remote by pressing the “Power” button to turn the device back on. If it turns on, the programming was successful. If not, repeat steps 5 and 6 using the “Channel Down” button instead of the “Channel Up” button.
- If you want to program additional devices, repeat steps 2-7 for each device, using the appropriate device button (e.g., TV, DVD player, etc.) at the beginning of the process.
Note: If your remote doesn’t have separate buttons for different types of devices, you may need to cycle through different codes manually instead of using the “Channel Up” or “Channel Down” buttons. Consult the instruction manual for your specific GE universal remote for more detailed programming instructions and code lists if needed.